What our members say

“As a livery yard owner, the support from the EEA has been invaluable in the employment of our staff and the efficient running of the business.”

Day Dressage

EEA Member

“We decided we were going to do things differently, I just wasn't always sure how to do it! The EEA has all the solutions to employing staff legally.”

D & L Performance Horses

EEA Member






Watch Our Video

The Equestrian Employers Association (EEA) is the organisation for you if you employ staff in the equestrian industry.

The Government have announced a package for the self-employed on 26/03/2020.

This support is available for those who are registered as self employed with HMRC and have submitted xxxx accounts.


The details 

  • Answer goes here
  • y
  • y
  • y
  • y

How do I access it

Further details to follow

I am employed and self employed

I am registered both employed and self-employed, which Government support applies to me?

Words here

How soon will i have access to the money

At present the date hasn’t been confirmed, but it is thought to be estimated that the support will start paying out on xxxx

Do i have to be registered with the HMRC

Yes you do.

If you are not registered as self employed with HMRC then you do not qualify for this support. We recommend that you look at applying for Universal Credit.

What happens if I only recently registered with hmrc

To apply for this support you need to have been registered as self-employed with HMRC for xxx

If you fall outside of this time frame then you will need to apply for Universal Credit.

I am not sure if i am in fact registered with hmrc

To be self-employed you will be registered with HMRC, submit your own tax return and pay your own National Insurance/Income Tax.

If you are not registered as self employed, then unfortunately this Government support is not available to you and you will need to register for Universal Credit.

I have been told My groom that they are self employed

You can’t tell someone they are self employed. This is illegal and false employment.

To self-employed they will be registered with HMRC, submit their own tax return, set their own hours, work for more than one person and issue you with an invoice for any work carried out.

If you have told them that they are self employed and they have not registered with HMRC unfortunately they will only qualify for Universal Credit and not be eligible for the self employed package or employed support (furloughing) from the government.

what is universal credit and does it apply to me

Universal Credit is government support for those who don’t qualify for the self employed, or employee packages.

You could get Universal Credit on the basis of remaining at home on government advice:

  • If you don’t qualify for Statutory Sick Pay or Employment and Support Allowance or
  • you need additional help on top of SSP or New-style ESA.

As there is at least a five-week wait before you get Universal Credit, you can get help from day one through a Universal Credit Advance Payment.  Advance payments have to be paid back out of your Universal Credit payments .and must be paid back within 12 months.

People who need to claim Universal Credit because of coronavirus will not have to produce a fit note. Universal Credit is claimed online.

Self-employed claimants on Universal Credit who are required to stay at home or are ill as a result of coronavirus will not have a Minimum Income Floor  (an assumed level of income) applied for a period of time while affected.



Your item has been added to the basket

You need to create an account, or login before you can add this item to your basket.